What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21st year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Technology & Innovation (T&I) unit is building the next generation solutions like SAP HANA, SAP Analytics Cloud, Machine Learning, BlockChain, Data intelligence, etc. Our development organization is spread globally with Walldorf, Berlin, Vancouver, Bangalore, Paris and Dublin being our largest locations.
To enable our solutions to be successful in this fast-growing market, a best-in-class operations team, working by the DevOps principles, is fundamentally necessary. We are looking for a senior developer to build, improve and maintain the toolset required for our global Cloud Operations team to efficiently keep our solutions live 24/7. If you become one of us, you will have the possibility to work on all aspects of the lifecycle of the tools gathering requirements, technical research, backend development, frontend development, database administration, quality assurance, deployment, maintenance, server administration. You will also have the opportunity to experience the work in a team built on an incredible Team Culture and enjoyable atmosphere.
If you are motivated by enabling our operations teams to continuously become more efficient and would like to devote your energy to driving operations automation to the next level, then come and be part of our success story!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Full Stack Development: Develop, Test, Deploy and Support our continuously improving monitoring and operation tools, focusing on fast turn-around times
- Collect and understand feedback and improvement requirements from our Cloud Engineering teams
- Work in a cross-functional agile team collaborating closely with operations and development colleagues in an international environment
- Drive concepts for automation improvements
- Work with central SAP teams to reuse SAP central infrastructure efficiently
- This role will require on-call duty
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years professional experience with at least one modern programming language (i.e. Python, Java, Ruby or other)
- Professional experience with both Frontend and Backend development
- Professional experience with development of REST APIs
- Professional experience with relational databases
- Professional experience with server and database administration is an advantage
- Professional experience with SCRUM or other agile process
- Professional experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Professional experience with automated testing
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven ability to develop automation and monitoring concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player, self-motivated, passionate and highly driven
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, multitasking
- Ability to work well in a multicultural and multinational environment
- Willingness to learn and research new concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of security best practices for cloud software development
- Understanding of good UX an advantage
- Fluent English
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:300051 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: