We’re looking for a Back-end Developer to help develop and launch our new product, Nucleus - one central hub for digital identity, data and payments.
You will be creating microservices to run on serverless environments and integrating them with artificial intelligence APIs and SDKs for scanning user documents and biometrics. You will be integrating with complex supplier APIs and building our own, as well as building out of the box solutions for third parties such as CMSs.
You’ll code responsive rich user interfaces which adapt to different device screen sizes, working on all major browsers with Search Engine Optimization in mind.
With security being of paramount importance, you will be working with encryption and hashing algorithms to ensure user data is protected. Blockchain technology will be used to prevent fraud, and all technology will be backed up with end-to-end (E2E) automatic tests.
- Write high quality readable code.
- Work with other members of the tech team building our solutions by creating:
- Microservices in NodeJS that can run in serverless environments.
- Integrations between microservices, third parties and OAuth APIs.
- Secure code that focuses on protecting user data.
- Work with members of the creative and tech team by:
- Integrating UI with backend APIs.
- Create unit tests to ensure software units are functioning correctly.
- A strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience:
- Creating and consuming APIs from third party (REST, SOAP, GraphQL, gRPC).
- Creating automatic unit tests for your code using mocks, fixtures to prevent bugs and technical debts.
- Inserting, updating, deleting and performing optimised queries on MySQL, MongoDB and Redis databases.
- Using Git for version control.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as GoLang
- Experience coding Integration Tests (E2E Tests)
- An understanding of:
- OWASP security principles
- Serverless architecture
- Microservice architecture
- Design Patterns
- Experience using
- CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS
- Bootstrap and Tailwind CSS frameworks
- Figma software
- Continuous integration tools
- Adobe Tools (Photoshop, XD)
- Private healthcare & online GP
- Travel season ticket loans
- MacBook & AirPods Pro
- Flexible working
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday Bank Holidays
We are looking to move quickly, therefore this application is only open to people with a maximum one month notice period.