Clearmatics mission is to build peer-to-peer infrastructure for a machine-driven future that is resistant to the monopoly-making tendencies of network effects inherent in today's client-server architectures. We call our technology approach 'decentralized automation', which combines cryptography, consensus protocols and economic mechanism design.
We're looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to expand our team. You will be working with the Engineering team on DevOps strategy, design, and implementation.
As a Senior Devops Engineer, you will define and implement processes and technologies that will support delivering the core Clearmatics product.
You will help Engineering teams to go faster, whilst ensuring quality is maintained through Continuous Integration and Delivery. You are naturally curious and continuously looking to improve.
You should have more than a passing interest in the Ethereum or cryptocurrency space, with contributions to Open Source Projects being a distinct plus.
You should be able to reason about technical problems, argue thoughtfully and contribute in a team setting.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Defining best practices and methodologies for agnostic cloud architectures
- Defining packaging approaches and release management
- Defining release processes for regulated environments
- Defining deployment strategies
- Monitoring, notification, and alerting systems
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring other team members
You are a team player, comfortable working under your own steam and are used to working in a fast paced innovative environment.
Candidates are expected to have exposure to some elements within our tech stack and to demonstrate the ability to have learned new technologies in the past.
Our tech stack consists of the following:
- Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- AWS (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, ELB)
- Golang, Python, Solidity
You will have:
- A security mindset
- Experience of working with cloud based infrastructure
- Experience of working with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience of configuring Continuous Integration pipelines
- Experience of proactively monitoring systems and networks
- Experience leading teams
- Data management strategy, design, and implementations
- Experience of using scripting languages
- Experience of Link Layer and Internet Layer protocols
- Hands on experience within a DevOps culture, supported by lean / agile delivery methodologies
Nice to haves:
- Experience of working with Ethereum or related DLT technologies
- Experience of working with Decentralised or P2P systems
- Experience of working in or with financial institutions
- Experience of cryptography
- Experience of working with HSMs