Senior Engineer - Full Stack, IT Operations
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC’s technology strategy to support the Group’s goals.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Engineer -Full Stack.
In this role, you will:
- Play a key role in the Engineering discipline at first direct, helping enable and empower the first direct cross functional teams to deliver services in an automated and efficient manner, utilising Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Support the non-functional testing of new or amended services and provide impact assessments, where requested, for changes related to platform, networking or pipelines
- Provide the capability into the cross functional teams to enable automated testing
- Lead, motivate, mentor and coach individuals across the engineering discipline and beyond
- Manage stakeholders outside of the cross functional teams, including Service Management, ITID and Group Platform Teams
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Hands on experience and detailed knowledge of end to end software delivery from environment provisioning to production deployment
- Demonstrable technical leadership and teamwork skills and a successful track record of delivering complex projects
- Experience of operating in a highly regulated industry (e.g. financial services)
- Be familiar with all and expert in some of the following:
- Agile Methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Pair Programming, SAFe
- Agile Tooling - Jira, Confluence, Slack
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Nexus
- Java, Spring Boot, Maven
- REST APIs / JSON
- Node JS (Express & NPM) & React (ES6 ), Redux
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Mule API Gateway
- Application Monitoring - Splunk / App Dynamics
- Test Automation tooling - Selenium, JUnit, Wiremock, Mockito, Jest, Enzyme, Appium
- Strong Unix skills
- Knowledge of end to end infrastructure and large scale networking (including load balancing, F5/Bluecoat, web servers, proxies and DNS)
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000AURI.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.