In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers & researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Front End Engineering Lead
You will provide direct leadership and technical mentorship for our rapidly growing frontend engineering team, and influence Gemini engineering leaders to achieve strategic platform UI goals. This role will oversee UI (frontend) engineers. You are among the best managers who support their teams, eliminating roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You will guide this team in building the core UI exchange product, internal tools, as well as influence the development of the application infrastructure with our SRE team, upholding the highest standards to the overall user experience. Since this team is continually growing, you will work closely with the Gemini People Team to expand the skills and capabilities of your team, while also ensuring that we keep a high bar of top UI engineers.
- Prior experience in architecting and maintaining enterprise level UI platforms
- Command of responsive and adaptive best practices
- Experience with shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Experience with growing UI engineering teams by attracting, hiring and developing top software engineers.
- Strong ability to mentor developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Proven ability to identify and develop leaders, both as individual contributors as well as managers.
- Influence code quality, organization, and automatization
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 6 years of related technical experience
- People management experience
- A deep understanding of UI technologies (JS, CSS, React, Webpack etc)
- Experience building UI components with React
- Strengths in front-end application product and design processes, including collaborating closely with designers and product managers.
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience building front-end applications to handle large scale customer demands.