Core Service Engineering (CSE) has an Engineering PM role within Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE), on the Governance, Risk, Continuity and Compliance (GRCC) team to drive Automation and Digital Transformation.
This team consists of Risk Managers and Business Program Managers who work across CSE and the Enterprise on key risk management and compliance programs that support our customers and the company.
This role enables the team to leverage engineering practices and technologies for more effective and efficient risk-reduction outcomes. The role facilitates Digital Transformation, and conversion from manual to automated processes. By doing this we will be able to support the increasing growth in our programs.
We are looking for a technically savvy and operationally disciplined program manager, with a passion for risk management, business continuity, resiliency, privacy, policy management and compliance to help lead efforts on next generation technologies.
This role bridges emerging risks, business objectives, and technical capabilities. This requires the role to wear many hats, and truly understand each stakeholder’s needs when balancing outcomes. The candidate must be able to change communication styles to effectively interact with executives, managers, engineers, and developers.
The successful candidate has functioned as an Engineering Program Manager with a track record of successfully proposing, collaborating, developing, resourcing, and delivering complex, cross-discipline, and cross-divisional programs.
The ideal candidate will have a successful history of delivering lifecycle programs, not just improvement projects.
In depth, working knowledge of PM lifecycle processes is a must (e.g., DevOps, ITLC, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum).
The successful candidate must also be able to show deep technical knowledge (e.g. Cloud, IOT, Data Analytics) and leading edge thinking in the GRCC areas (e.g. GDPR, IT Service Regulations, IT Standards) - minimally in the information security, risk management, business continuity, compliance, and policy management spaces.
The job responsibilities include:
- Work with the GRCC Leadership to envision a multi-year strategy for digital transformation and automation and prioritizing the effort based on resourcing and convert this vision into actionable programs and projects
- Develop clear scenarios that support the business cases and define requirements for each of the projects
- Identify the best options for addressing the business requirements - internal development, 3rd party tools, etc.
- Fully manage programs and projects from inception to delivery, and occasionally maintenance as specified within approved program and project plans
- Evangelize the use of, and track risks, programs, projects, and deliverables through approved ticketing systems (e.g. VSTS, EGRC, etc.)
- Be the GRCC lead for Digital Transformation projects across the company where our input and guidance as needed
- Mentor GRCC team members and be a catalyst to further drive an engineering culture within the GRCC team and advise management (include CVPs)
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Experience leading executive, management, and engineering cross-groups to identify, develop, and deliver business and technical solutions
- Executive presence needed to present to Microsoft executives and customers
- Must be able to converse effectively with business and technical audiences (e.g., PM/Dev, Executive/ Service Administrators)
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies and technical fields (e.g. AI, ML, Bot, Deep Data, Blockchain)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in IT, Security or Product Team as a Program Manager
- 3 years of experience with Cloud, particularly Azure technology
- Deep understanding across IT PM Methodologies (PMI, Agile, PMBOK, SDL, etc.)
- GRCC knowledge and thought leadership including but not limited to policy management, automation of information security requirements, forward thinking knowledge of IT and Information Security risk and compliance trends
- Hands on experience with VSTS / VSO or similar tool
- Excellent written and oral communications
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or related field, or comparable education in risk, security, and compliance industries and/or direct experience architecting service solutions that leverage Cloud (e.g. Azure, O365), IAAS, PAAS or similar large-scale architecture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. #DSRE