Java Back End Developer
As a Back End Developer at Localcoin, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining functional and stable backend applications for our company, ensuring system consistency and- availability. Working alongside the Software Development team, you should have an unyielding desire to learn and broaden your horizon along with contributing towards daily deliverables. You should be a team player, familiar with the Agile framework of delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain resilient Microservices Applications including analysis, design, development, implementation and tests
- Troubleshoot and debug backend applications and integrations
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Provide training and support to internal teams such as Marketing, Operations and Executive teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and all other collaborators to identify new features
- Other tasks as required
Who You Are
- 3 years in backend development and strong knowledge in JAVA8 Programming language along with Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with HTTP protocol and RESTful services using Spring - Boot, JPA, MVC and Security as the backend tier
- Experience with functional testing, unit testing and code coverage
- Proficient in SQL. DDL, DML, relational database design patterns and indexes, MYSQL or POSTGRES
- Proficient on Git, Maven, Continuous Integration tools and Docker;
Nice to have
- Expertise using Swagger and/or Postman tools
- Experience on NodeJS and NPM management as well
- Experience with AngularJS/Angular
- Expertise on Python/PHP programming for web
- Expertise on Linux platforms and Shell commands
- Experience with Sonar and any CI
- Good understanding of cloud environments like AWS
- Good understanding private and public keys and its usage on communications like HTTPS protocol
- Experience with database-migration tools such as Flyway
- Experience with manual automation tools such as Integromat
You’ll have full access to all our perks
Health & Wellness Benefits - We offer a comprehensive benefits package that covers up to 100% of traditional benefits such as dental, prescription drug coverage, critical illness, life and AD&D. The plan also includes 100% coverage of unlimited travel insurance, on-demand online nurse assessments through Akira app. We offer a monthly spend on non-traditional medical expenses (massages, chiropractic) and a wellness account (gym memberships, spa, nutritionist).
Location - Our office is directly connected to the TTC and near major highways with a flexible schedule to avoid rush hour
Weekly Catered Lunches - Start your week off right with lunch from top local restaurants around the city. We take into account all dietary restrictions. Need something else? Add your request onto our team’s weekly Instacart order.
Professional Development - We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
Compensation - We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Purchase Cryptocurrency At Market Rate - You’ll be able to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies supported by Localcoin at the Canadian market rate with zero fees. You’ll also gain exclusive coupons for all of our Bitcoin Kiosks nationwide!
Get Involved - Attend company-wide teach and training days, industry events and quarterly team outings.
Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring, apply today!