Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
Gemini has an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Governance Specialist in its New York City office. The company seeks to identify a highly proactive individual with proven talent in cyber security process development and policy enforcement. The successful candidate will work alongside the Gemini Cybersecurity Risk and Compliance Lead to assure policies, procedures and guidelines align with regulatory requirements and security framework. This individual will work with other internal teams to align cybersecurity goals and objectives with business stakeholders.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance Lead.
- Support Gemini in developing, writing, formatting, and editing cyber security related policies, processes, and standards.
- Support Gemini compliance with NYSDFS Regulation 200/500 and the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC)
- Translate security requirements into enforceable policies, processes, and standards.
- Develop tooling to track the organization Cybersecurity Risk and Compliance status
- Develop and implement strategies to audit internal cybersecurity controls
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to the team and the leadership for additional policies, processes, and standards.
- Understand and regulate internal Identity, Access, and Entitlements Management
- Develop and manage policy repository capable of tracking notable attributes of policies it contains, e.g Policy Last Reviewed Date
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation, policies, procedures and standards
- Must have process and procedure development and documentation skills.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of NYSDFS and FFIEC requirements, and cyber security best practices.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and implement changes immediately
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events